Precision One Ltd (“We” or “P1”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement (together with our terms and conditions and any other policies referred to in it) explains what information we gather about you, what and how we use that information, the lawful basis on which that information is used and who if anyone we give that information to. It also sets out your rights and our obligations in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when providing services to you or your/our clients, or performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our business Precision One Ltd.
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal information with other members of our group and other third parties (for example, third parties carrying out services/activities on our behalf).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
What information we collect
We may collect and process personal data about you because you give it to us, because other people give that data to us (for example, third party service providers that we use/partner to help operate our business) or because it is publicly available.
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; date of birth; gender; e-mail address; home address; country of residence; lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes); employment (for example, the organisation you work for, your job title); your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; complaint details; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.
We may collect and process personal data about you that you give to us, as follows:
- If you provide information to us by filling in forms on our website. This may include information provided at the time of enquiry, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, and sending messages, giving reviews, making or receiving payments through your P1 Account or requesting further services.
- Details of transactions.
- We may ask you for information when you report an issue or concern or we have or receive a complaint or query about you (whether or not a formal dispute is raised).
- We may keep a record of correspondence between you and us.
We may collect and process personal data about you from other sources as follows:
- Where we are provided with personal data about you by any third party such as a service provider, we take steps to ensure that that third party has complied with the privacy laws and regulations relevant to that information; this may include, for example, that the third party has provided you with notice of the collection (and other matters) and has obtained any necessary consent (if applicable) for us to process that information as described in this privacy statement.
Use of personal data
We will use your personal data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services;
- We may use your personal data for marketing purposes and market research;
- We may use your personal data internally to provide you with the services offered by us via this website, to administer this website and to help us improve our services.
- We may use your personal data for managing and making information available to our internal trusted partners only
- We may use your personal data to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- We may use your personal data to notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, policies or website.
- We may use your personal data to manage risk, or to investigate, detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, suspected fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- We may use your personal data pursuant to applicable legal or regulatory requirements or to respond to requests and communications from competent authorities (including courts and tribunals).
- We may use your personal data for the services we receive from our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants.
- We may use your personal data for protecting our rights, those of our clients, or protecting those of our affiliates.
None of the information that we request from you is mandatory.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We are not allowed to process personal information if we do not have a valid legal ground. Therefore, we will only process your personal information for the purposes outlined above because:
- Of our legitimate interests in the performance of activities that form part of the operation of our business;
- Of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Of the legal and regulatory obligations that we maybe subject to
- The information is required in order to carry out the activities that form part of the operation of our business(e.g. the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you).
Examples of the ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
- To verify the accuracy of information provided by a third party;
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity;
- To safeguard the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks.
- To exercise our rights under Articles 16 and 17 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights, including our freedom to conduct a business and right to property.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (i) we are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti money laundering’ obligations (or other legal obligations imposed on us); (ii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive emails or post from us for these purposes, or if you want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select “unsubscribe” from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively contact us.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Disclosure of your personal data
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “Use of personal data” section above, we may disclose details about you to: our affiliates; third parties that provide services to us and/or our affiliates,
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Protection of your personal data
All Precision One personnel accessing personal information must comply with the internal rules and processes in relation to the processing of personal data to protect them and ensure the confidentiality of such information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to: o request a copy of personal data we hold about you
o ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
o ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
o object to our processing of your personal data
o ask that we restrict our processing of your personal data; and
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we handled your personal information or any privacy query or request you have raised with us you also have a right to complain to a data protection authority in the place where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen.
Changes to our privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the end of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: May 23, 2018